Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Hay There! - CTD489

Hay there! :) I hope you’re doing well. It's Wednesday and the start of a new Color Throwdown Challenge. This week we have the colors red, green and white to create with (don’t forget you can use any neutrals as well).
For this week’s challenge, I made two birthday cards using the fun new Lawn Fawn stamp set, Hay There along with the coordinating Hay There dies. For my first card, I started out with a white card base, then added a piece of red striped paper from the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow paper pack. I die cut the red paper using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die and added it to my card front. Next, I die cut two stitched squares and on the smaller one I blended on some tumbled glass distress ink and stamped a sun from the Hello Sunshine set. I also die cut some new leaf cardstock using the Stitched Hillside Borders die and a white fence using the Little Picket Fence Border die. After that I stamped my images and colored them with Copic markers then die cut them out. For some extra dimension, I added foam tape to the green hill but also to the cow and adhered them to my die cut square and added the stitched mat. For my sentiment, I die a piece of white cardstock using the Happy Birthday Line Border die and stamped the “to moo” in black ink.
 For my second card, I used the same supplies as my first card, all except adding my Happy Birthday sentiment onto a die cut banner.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Hannelie Bester - April Guest Designer

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Cute cards! I like how you used multiple cows to make a herd.