Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Thoughtful - (CTD459)

Hello there!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Before I get to my card, I'd like to extend a welcome to our September guest designer and Color Throwdown alumni, Tammy Hershberger.
For my card, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Gran's Garden along with the coordinating dies to create a thank you card.  I used a white card base, then added a die cut stitched panel of true black striped patterned paper.  On top of that I added a die cut scalloped tag which I stamped my thank you sentiment from the PTI It's the Thought stamp set, then added my leaves which I stamped in black and basic gray and my roses which I stamped in real red and scarlett jewel with black for the centers.  I popped up one of the roses for some added dimension and added black glitter to the center of the roses and black rhinestones as an accent.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Tammy Hershberger - September Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.


5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Thanks for the welcome, Lynn... makes me feel so special! This card is GORRRRJUSS! LOVE those bold red flowers!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a stunning card and I really love the striped background! Great layout!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty red flowers against the black stripe paper.

Cindy H. said...

This is such a lovely card! Love the colors and design!

Nancy Lempinen said...

Love the simplicity of your card, the red flowers, black/grey “greens” plus the striped paper makes it all work, stunningly!