Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Thanks, You're Fintastic - (CTD447)

Hi there!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and we've got some great new colors for all of us to work with!
For my card, I used the fun Lawn Fawn stamp sets Fintastic Friends with the Fintastic Friends Lawn Cuts along with the Octiopi My Heart stamp set and Lawn Cuts and the Scripty Thanks Lawn Cut to make a thank you card.  I started out by watercoloring a piece of watercolor paper using my Jane Davenport watercolors and setting it aside to dry. Then I stamped my images and colored them with Copic markers and die cut them out.  Next I die cut a piece of kraft cardstock using the Stitched Hillside Borders die and stamped my sentiment and adhered it to the bottom of my watercolored panel, then attached that panel to a white card base.  After that I die cut three Scripty Thanks from enchanted evening cardstock and glued them together.  I adhered all of my fish and my die cut thanks and popped up the octopus with foam tape, then stamped some bubbles in aqua ink and then glued on some iridescent sequins.  It's hard to see but in the picture below you can also see how I added some Wink of Stella glitter pen to the octopus, fish and bubbles.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Audrey Tokach - June Guest Designer

2 comments:

Swati J said...


Clean and clear card. Color combination is fantastic. Background effect is super

Stampingcountry said...

Wow, you really rocked the Color Challenge with your underwater card!