Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Thinking of You - (CTD445)

Hi there!  It's Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge!
For my card, I used two Papertrey Ink stamp sets, Gran's Garden & Graceful Greetings, to create a thinking of you card.  I found inspiration not only in this week's colors but in the inspiration photo, I saw the big roses in the comforter and instantly thought of using the Gran's Garden set.  I started out with a white card base, then added a piece of enchanted evening cardstock which I stenciled using a Hero Arts herringbone stencil and enchanted evening ink.  After that, I die cut the Mix & Mat: Scallops die from white cardstock and stamped my sentiment in enchanted evening ink and adhered it to my card front with foam tape.  Next I stamped my roses using lovely lady and scarlet jewel (stamped off) ink and used simply chartreuse ink for the stems.  Once my flowers and stem were stamped and die cut I adhered them to my card front, popping up the lower rose with foam tape, and then added some silver sequins and some gold metallic Stickles to the center of the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsuruta - May Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Luanne said...

Gorgeous Lynn! This set keeps moving up to the top of my wish list! It looks beautiful in these colors!