Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Hello - Sparkle and Shine

Hello there!  We have a new challenge for this month up on the Where Creativity Meets C9 site and we hope you'll take the time to play along!  This month it's all about Sparkle and Shine!
 For my card I used the Concord & 9th stamp set Flourish and was aiming for a richer vintage look with some sparkle, so I used warmer colors.  I started out with a square of white cardstock and stamped the images from the Flourish set in chocolate chip, espresso, close to cocoa, kraft, pure poppy and scarlet jewel inks.  I blended some kraft ink over the whole piece and some espresso along the edges.  Then I used a Versa Mark ink pad over the whole stamped piece and dusted on some iridescent embossing powder and heat set with my heat tool.  Next I used a piece of kraft cardstock and using the Concord & 9th stamp set Sophisticated Script Uppercase & Sophisticated Script Lowercase I stamped my Hello sentiment.  After that I added a mat of scarlet jewel cardstock to my embossed piece and adhered it to my kraft panel, tied on some twine and adhered it using foam tape to a vanilla card base.
 In real life this card is actually very shimmery and at different angles picks up the iridescent sparkle.
Thank you kindly for your visit! 
I hope you'll join us over at Where Creativity Meets C9  blog and don't forget to check us out on Instagram and Facebook

Flourish Stamp Set

from: Concord & 9th

Sophisticated Script Uppercase Stamp Set

from: Concord & 9th

Sophisticated Script Stamp Set

from: Concord & 9th 

Pin It

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

Lynn,I had to come and see how you made this incredible card! I love the vintage look ! Absolutely beautiful!

KimCreate said...

How incredibly beautiful! I have never put embossing power over a large area like this. It looks great!

Scrapthat said...

I love this!!! Thanks so much for sharing :D

Happy Little Crafter said...

OH! My goodness --- Your card is so lovely and made me smile from ear-to-ear! I hopped over the the C&9 blog and checked out the other cards, too. After seeing your card, I think I might have to have those Sophisticated Script stamp sets after seeing your card! BTW - Can you tell me which ink you used for the "Hello" - brand and color? It was perfect in every way!

Broni said...

This is so beautiful, Lynn! Love the warm colors and the all over sparkle!

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...gorgeous...

Wanda Cullen said...

Another stunning card! Love the rich colors and added sparkle and shine!