Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Hello - (CTD404)

Hello!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
Before I get to my card I'd like to welcome this month's Color Throwdown Guest Designer, Wanda Guess.
For my card I went with a clean and simple look and kept the focus on my main image.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Spring Woods & Winter Woods for my sentiment.  For some reason the colors in these pictures look more blue instead of aqua/teal but I used craft, hawaiian shores, tropical teal, chocolate chip, simply chartreuse and tumbled glass ink.  I die cut a circle from a white cardstock panel, then sponged tumbled glass distress ink onto my card front and adhered the die cut panel using foam tape over top of the sponged background.  To add some interest to the die cut circle in the front of my card, I die cut a frame and adhered it to my card front then added the bird and branch with foam tape.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Wanda Guess - August Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

7 comments:

Susi said...

Love this card! The double circle "window" really adds extra dimension to an already gorgeous card, Lynn. Beautiful LO and a wonderful way to just say "hello".

Shelly said...

Beautiful card! I love the blended circle background and the added frame. Perfect card for the colors in this challenge!

Marybeth said...

Love the colors, it seem everyone is playing! Your bird card is just darling Lynn!

Susan said...

Beautiful!

Kay Miller said...

Just had to stop by and tell you how much I LOVE this card Lynn! One of the prettiest I've seen with this set! The colors are just amazing too!

Patti said...

I'm with Kay! this is one of the prettiest cards I've seen with this set! Beautiful!

Patti

Broni said...

So beautiful, Lynn! Love the composition and that bird is awesome!