Sunday, July 24, 2016

Papertrey Ink Stamp-A-Faire - You Brighten My Days

I'm back again (this is my second post for today) with my second card for the Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire event for this weekend.  I'm skipping around with the different challenges from the event and playing along with whatever gets me creating.  For the Masterpiece Inspirations Challenge we were to use one of the inspiration pieces that the design team selected and create a card using the photo as inspiration.  I chose the Still Life Vase with Twelve Sunflowers by, Van Gogh because I not only love sunflowers (one of my favorite flowers) but I have always been inspired by Van Gogh's art.  I love the movement, texture and the play of light in Van Gogh's paintings.  I have a print of one of his paintings that used to hang in my hall, it's a still life with Sunflowers and Roses.
Laurie inspiration
Laurie-card
For my card I used the PTI stamp set Simple Sunflower and used three different distress inks to ink up each sunflower (mustard seed, wild honey & spiced marmalade), then mist it with water and stamped onto watercolor paper.  I did the leaves in a similar way using ocean tides and simply chartreuse inks and watercolored in some hawaiian shores ink then die cut.  I fussy cut two of my sunflowers and stamped the third onto a die cut tag. I used the stamp set Scripted for my sentiment along with the die cut You which I die cut from brown cardstock.  For my background I used the colors hawaiian shores and simply chartreuse inks to do some watercoloring.  As a final touch I added three clear acrylic water drops.

Pin It

4 comments:

karen h said...

This is gorgeous! I love sunflowers; this card brighten my day! The background is beautiful, the water dots are a perfect addition, and the coloring of the flowers is wondrful!

Kay Miller said...

This is so pretty Lynn! I love the watercolor effect you have achieved!!

Vikki H said...

Beautiful card design! Oh, I love Van Gogh also. We have seen several showings in the US and Europe of his work and the sunflowers stand out to me too!

Diana K said...

I am so jealous of your colouring/painting abilities. This card is amazeballs and if I were you I would frame it and put it on prominent display in my house. I love your work. :)