Friday, April 1, 2016

Tweet Friends

Happy Friday!  It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to the weekend, how about you?  Today I'm sharing another card that I created using the new My Favorite Things Tweet Friends set.
I used the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #230 for my layout and the Colors from this week's Colour Queen Challenge #335, I'm also entering my card in the Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge.  My card is pretty simple and straight forward, I die cut the bird cage using the Cheerful Cages Die-namics then die cut the birds and colored them using Copic markers using a white gel pen to add some white dots for detail.   After that I used the MFT Diagonal Bars stencil and sponged on some berry sorbet ink on a panel of berry sorbet cardstock, only stenciling the upper middle portion of my panel.  Then I stamped my sentiment onto a strip of aqua mist and added a horizontal strip of tropical teal, then my bird cage and birds popping up the larger bird with foam tape.  As a final detail I added some teal sequins.

Pin It

9 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! I love those sweet little birds, that super cute sentiment and that gorgeous background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! So cute! I love birds and I'm having a real thing for them lately. Everything you've done with this set is so darn adorable and fun!

Jen Mitchell said...

Super sweet! I love the way the birds are colored. Thanks for joining us at colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches!

Michelle said...

Love the subtle, stenciled background and your sweet birds! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Joyce said...

This is adorable. Love how you colored the birds, your stencilled background and that awesome bird cage. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Karren said...

These birds are just the cutest and your coloring is amazing! Love how you've used those eclectic colors too :) Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lynn, the birds are super cute and I love the little cage, awesome! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Tracie Pond said...

Hello Lynn, Your card is so tweet! The stenciling adds just enough interest to the background and the bird are colored beautifully. Smiles, Tracie (I am a Michigander too!)

Brawny x said...

Very cute x