Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hello Friend - (CTD382)

Hello!  We made it half way through the week!  Today is Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Our hostess for this week is Barbara who chose our colors and inspiration photo.
Looking at the inspiration photo and colors for this week, I decided to go with a clean and simple look for my card.  I drew my inspiration from the large leaves on the pillow in the inspiration photo and instantly thought of the large feather within the PTI Feathery Finery set.  I used my new Zig Clean Color pens to add some watercolor to my feather (just got these and still need practice) and once the watercoloring was dry, I stamped the coordinating dots from the set on top using Versa Mark ink and heat embossed them in a silver iridescent powder.  After that I stamped my sentiment from the PTI Wet Paint set and matted my main panel with black card stock, popping it up with foam adhesive and adhering it to my white card base.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
Leslie Miller  - March Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fantastic, Lynn! I love it! You should link it up to the Pinterest Inspired Challenge...

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Lynn!! I love that you water colored the feather!