Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Birthday Tweetings - (CTD386)

Hello and happy Wednesday!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.
For my card, I used the fun My Favorite Things stamp set, Tweet Friends along with the coordinating dies.  I had so much fun making this card!  I adore anything with birds so you'll be seeing quite a lot of cards made with this set.  I started out my card with a white card base which I stenciled using the MFT's Diagonal Bars stencil and some peacock distress ink, then I added a white stitched rectangle which I stamped with my sentiment and two banners, one from tropical teal cardstock the other a strip of My Mind's Eye designer paper.  I should add that I used the MFT's sketch challenge from last week for my layout (it ended yesterday) because I liked it so much.  Next I die cut my birds and bird cage and colored them using Copic markers.  On two of the birds, I stamped them twice and colored and cut out just the wings so I could pop them up and give the birds some dimension.  I adhered the birds to the cage and popped up the whole piece using foam tape.  To finish off my card I added a few teal colored sequins, some white gel pen on my birds and some glaze pen to their eyes.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysavy
Leslie Miller - March Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

6 comments:

Alanna said...

I absolutely adore your card. Such a great design.

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this sweet card! The stenciling, the adorable images...great design!

Susi said...

Fabulous choice of images for this challenge - the LO is super and that stencilled BG perfect! Love your card, Lynn (had to PIN it, too!)

Andrea W said...

Such a fun card! I love how you used the colors and the stenciled background looks awesome.

Barbara said...

You've been rocking the MFT and this is no exception--Love your birds!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

adorable card!