Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pinterest Inspired Challenge

Hello!  It's a beautiful fall day here with the sun shining and a cool breeze with temps in the low sixties.  I love fall!  
Have you ever played along with the Pinterested Inspired Challenge?  If you haven't you should give it a try.  This is my first time playing along and I really enjoyed creating a few cards using the inspiration photo from the challenge.  The photo below is the inspiration piece and as you can see the colors are shades of gray (not 50 shades, lol) with lavender and a cobalt blue.  For the two cards that I created, I chose to use more of that cobalt blue with hints of gray.
For both of my cards, I used the same technique of emboss resist where I stamped the leaves from each stamp set using a Versa Mark ink pad and clear embossing powder onto watercolor paper.  For my fist card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets, Garden Grace and Scripted along with PTI oval dies.  I started out with a piece of watercolor paper then stamped the outline of the leaves in going gray, then stamped the solid leaves using the Versa Mark ink and heat embossed.  Next I did my watercoloring with brilliant blue ink, then once that was dry I stamped the roses in the same color and stamped a few leaf stems in going gray.  The sentiment was stamped in night of navy and the scalloped oval mat and mat for the watercolor piece are brilliant blue card stock.  To finish off my card, I used foam tape under the brilliant blue card stock and adhered it to a white card base and added a few silver and blue sequins.


 For my second card, I used the PTI stamp sets Turning a New Leaf and the Scripted set again for my sentiment and basically did the same technique as my first card except with less steps.  This time I stamped my sentiment on a banner and matted my watercolor piece using both brilliant blue and going gray and added it to a white card base.  And instead of sequins, I added a few clear rhinestones for some sparkle. 
If I could find or buy something to hold my iPhone I would record the making of these two cards and post it either on You Tube or Periscope, that way you'd get to see how crazy I am :)
If you have something that works for you if you've recorded yourself creating I'd be happy to know what it is.

Pin It

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

These are gorgeous, Lynn! I especially love the second one! Fabulous takes on the inspiration photo!

PiecesbyEmily said...

Gorgeous gorgeous cards, Lynn! I really love them both. Thank you so much for joining us at Pinterest Inspired Challenge!

LauraJane:) said...

Both cards are super! The colors are so vibrant: )