Sunday, September 6, 2015

You're A-MAIZE-ING

 Hi there!  It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!
The card I have for today totally puts me in the mood for fall.  I love fall with the crisp cool sweater weather, trips to the cider mill, pumpkin patch and so much more.  It's my favorite season!

For my card, I used the fun new Lawn Fawn stamp set, Happy Harvest along with the coordinating dies.  I used my Copic markers to color the die cut and stamped scarecrow, pumpkins and crows and you'll notice I gave my scarecrow a plaid shirt by first coloring in a light beige (E30) and letting it dry and then using three different color Copic markers (R29, R05, YR16) to create the plaid and adding shading with (E34).  I stamped the die cut two cornstalks with so saffron and for the cornstalks in the background, I did a little rock in roll technique with so saffron and more mustard.  The kraft colored hill was die cut using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders die and the sky was sponged using tumbled glass distress ink.  The scarecrow and flying crow were popped up using foam tape and I added white highlights to the cheeks and a Glaze pen on all the eyes.  The card base is enchanted evening and the designer paper is from a fall Doodlebug Designs pack.  This was such a fun card to create, I can't wait to make more.


Thanks for popping in!

Pin It

1 comment:

Jill said...

fabulous Lynn! Your coloring is Phenom!! :) Such a fun set--trying to resist it and you are not helping! ;) xo