Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fly

 Hello.  It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.
The card that I created using this week's sketch was for my daughter who is going away to college for the first time.  I made this card for her and gave it to her with the poem below, which I found on the internet included inside along with a special note and a bracelet.  I handed it to my daughter after my husband and I hugged her goodbye this last Friday.  If you've ever had a child go away to college than you can relate, you're excited for them, your nervous about them being so far away and your emotional because you realize that this is just the beginning of them leaving the nest.  Yes there were a few tears after dropping her off, but I know she's going to do great.  Our daughter is a strong, independent beautiful young woman with a good head on her shoulders and I know she will spread her wings and FLY.
To My Daughter
as you go off to College

While you’re away at college,
I’ll think of you each day.
Before you leave
there are just a few more things,
I really need to say.

You’ve made me proud
as I’ve watched you grow,
it’s time for you to fly.
So take a step and don’t look back
because you may see me cry.

Remember all the important things
I taught you through the years.
Study hard and have some fun
and you’ll work through your fears.

Make the right decisions
as if I were standing by your side.
You’ve grown to be a beautiful woman,
you fill my heart with pride.

Keep this bracelet with you
and I’ll be close at heart.
Know my love is always there
even though we are apart.

When I created this card, I had all the materials out from one of my last post which was from the August Papertrey Ink blog hop and Make-it-Monday so I decided to create another card using the Beautiful Butterflies set and the kissing technique.  It's hard to see in the photos but the butterflies are actually quite sparkly because I used a wink of stella glitter pen on the bodies and die cut border pieces that were attached to the wings.
Time goes by too fast, hug your babies because before you know it they'll be moving out to start their life.

Pin It

4 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Lynn, love your card and what a beautiful sentiment. My daughter is finishing her last year at college and I remember what that what like. I have made and sent her a card a week while she has been away and she has kept EVERYONE of them. It has been very special. Needless to say, because I put lots of embellishments on my cards...I pay a fortune for postage, hehe. Now my son left for college and he invaded my stash to take a bunch of my cards to send to his girlfriend! I wasn't prepared for that one.

Clare said...

Whoa, I LOVE what you did with the butterflies!! So pretty! And I'm sure your daughter will do AWESOME at college! :)

VanessaB said...

So very beautiful.

Vicki Burdick said...

Lynn, your card is beautiful and just perfect for your daughter, that poem brought tears to my eyes!!