Tuesday, January 6, 2015

PTI Make-it-Monday #196

Good day to you!  I hope you're doing well.  It's been a while since I've played along with the Papertrey Ink Make-it-Monday Challenges, but when I saw Danielle's beautiful cards and video for this Monday's challenge I knew I wanted to join in.

This week's Make-it-Monday Challenge is all about Colorful Card Corners.  I also used this month's Papertrey Ink Color Play Combo which are the colors below.
 For my card, I used the limited edition stamp set Pretty Petals for the flowers and leaves and the circular medallion was from the set Friendly Flowers.  I used the set Bigger Blooms for my sentiment (love the font on all the sentiments from this set).  I started out with a Hawaiian shores card base, then used a piece of watercolor paper cut slightly smaller to stamp my images. After that I went in with a paint brush, like Danielle shows in her video and added a light wash of color around my stamped images and softened the edges of my flowers and leaves.  I added a few silver sequins to give my card some sparkle and mounted it with foam tape to my card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

8 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

Great colors, wow! Gorgeous!
Danielle

Melissa Sibert said...

Beautiful card, Lynn. I always love what you create.

victoria h said...

Beautiful love the softened edges.

Birgit said...

Fabulous colors on your beautiful card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely!!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful! Love everything about this card from the colors, your background, and the beautiful water coloring...just perfect! :0)

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely color scheme, Lynn! Beautiful corner designing. Great bg, too!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Gorgeous Lynn! Love the colours.