Saturday, August 25, 2012

Exciting News - Nut'n Better Gift Set

Hello everyone!  Yep I've got some exciting news, I'm this week's guest designer over at the Our Creative Corner blog!  The hostess for this week is Kim Price and the theme for her challenge is Recycle, along with using something resalvaged/recycled on your card or project she asks that you also use the color green.
The projects I have for today, I'm also entering in for this month's Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop.  As you can see from the PTI inspiration photos below, the challenge was to create a project with texture, something with either herringbone, tweed, burlap, felt, corduroy, houndstooth or argyle which I attempted to do with my gift set. 
For my card and jar full of nuts I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Autumn Acorns and Modern Wood Mats.  For the recycled material on my two projects I used cardboard, the corrugated banner and die cut border on my card and the corrugated cardboard tag for my gift jar.  I've incorporated the color green into my projects with the designer paper and acorns and I've also embossed a herringbone pattern into my background panel and used an Autumn color palette.


Supplies:  Autumn Acorn + dies, Modern Wood Mats, Mat Stack die, Banner die, Chevron die, Ribbon, Herringbone embossing folder, Button, Twine, Cardboard, Nestie dies, We R Memory Keepers designer paper, Jar, Foam tape.  Colors: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Really Rust, Old Olive.
 
Well that's it in a nut shell for me (pardon the pun), I hope you'll join in for this week's OCC challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Pin It

30 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

What a perfect fall card and jar!! Love the colors, layout, texture... Everything!

Karen Motz said...

This feels so warm and cozy with all those fall colours! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

very cute TFS!!!
melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a wonderful set Lynn, just gorgeous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a lovely set, Lynn. Beautiful colors and images and I am such a sucker for corrugated cardboard! A really delightful fall project. So happy to have you this week as our guest designer at Our Creative Corner. You totally did us proud!

Hugs,
Linda

Lisa Minckler said...

Lynn they are fantastic! I love your GD projects. The textures and all your patterns with the colors really make a sensational gift set. The sentiment couldn't be more wonderful.
So happy you are designing with us this week at Our Creative Corner!
Awesome recycling ideas. :)
Hugs,
Lisa xx

WinterBerry Glen said...

just adorable! I am going to be canning today (peaches) with a friend and I made a bunch of tags and lids for them. I love the acorns on yours, though. i don't have that set and really wish i did. :) have fun playing with your new PTI goodies!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is a fun project, I just got the Modern Wood mats and love what you've done with them here.

Amy Papale said...

Beautiful projects! Love the fall colors and the various textures. Perfect depiction of the inspiration photos!

Inkyfingers said...

These are lovely and I adore the curugated card elements.

Rhonda said...

Great gift set Lynn.

Nancy said...

What a wonderful set! Beautiful colors and textures!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great card. Love how you decorated the jar of nuts!

Unknown said...

Oh Lynn these are amazing. Great colors and look at all that wonderful texture. Love!!

Unknown said...

beautiful! stunning creation and fabulous combination of patterns and textures.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Beautiful projects Lynn! It's my first time doing PTI hop - love it! Your take on the challenge is perfection!! have a great day.
:-)

Marisa said...

Congrats on the DT stint! Your creation is fabulous!!! Just love that deep corrugated paper you used and the acorns are always my favorite :)

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a wonderful gift set! Love the cardboard die cuts! So fun!

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fantastic set Lynn! Congrats on your GD spot!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card and tag! I love the corrugated cardboard on them both!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great little tag for your jar. Love the cardboard banner on the card.

Jodi_E said...

Fantastic autumn goodness.

Nancy Penir said...

Perfect gift set! Love that plaid paper.
Congrads on guest designer! Will check it out.

Marilyn M said...

Your little jar is just fabulous! Love the corrugated tag.

Shelly said...

What an amazing gift set! I love all the colors and textures you used! Brilliant job! TFS!

Joyce said...

Congratulations on your guest design spot. I am so happy to see you popping up everywhere. And, your fall projects today are just super. I'd love a jar of nuts like that.

Lori said...

Great gift set! Love how you used the recycled corrugated cardboard on both pieces.

Sharon Wheet said...

Lynn, first thank you so much for being our guest designer this week. Your work is very beautiful and inspiring.
Second, what a very creative use of the various papers you used in this weeks project. I think the whole collection of the texture, wood grain, twine, cardboard and fall theme work beautifully together and you show-cased these PTI products superbly!
The pops of green are gorgeously added, as well! {smile}
I think your project will definitely inspire our followers to create something wonderful, too!
Hope your weekend is fabulous! hugs, sharon w.

ps. good luck with the August blog hop over @ PTI.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lynn
Just wanted to add my thanks for being such a wonderful GD for OCC this week, it was a pleasure to converse with you, and more pleasure seeing what you provided for us, you made my job very easy.
Smiles:)
Sue

Lili said...

Great project Lynn! I really like those fall colors. I love corrugated paper and you have used it beautifully on both pieces. Thanks for being our guest designer this week. Your creation is very inspiring.