Wednesday, July 25, 2012

CTD202 - Sending Prayers

Hi there, long time no see right?  It's been a week since I've posted here on my blog, I've been so busy making cards but I haven't taken the time to post them.  It's Wednesday and time for another Color Throwdown Challenge.  This week our hostess is Tammy who has a gorgeous color pallet and inspiration photo.
For my card I not only used the colors for this week's CTD challenge but the fun sketch #21 from Retro Sketches.  I kept my card clean and simple and used mostly die cuts and very little stamping.  The sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink stamp set Beautiful Butterflies along with the coordinating butterfly die cuts.

Supplies: Beautiful Butterflies + dies, MME dp, Tag die, Houndstooth, Fillable Frames #5 die, Doily Details die, Button, Ribbon, Foam tape.
 
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
 Judy Rozema - Joy in a Jar  - as our July Guest Designer

Pin It

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn your card is really beautiful.

Vicki Stys said...

So pretty, Lynn! Love all the design elements on this card!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is beautiful! LOVE those PTI dies and how you've layered them! Wonderful card!

Jenny said...

I'm seriously digging the layers you chose. The double butterfly of different sizes is nice. I always look forward to your beautiful designs.

Broni said...

Great combination of the challenges! I love your take on the sketch and, of course, your perfect use of the colors! Beautiful card!!

Laurie said...

Lynn, I am loving the layers you here! So many fun details! Thanks so much for playing along at RetroSketches this week!

Lori said...

Lovely sympathy card!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE all the die combinations you used on this beauty! Clean and simple and totally rockin' the colors!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is darling, Lynn! Love how you used the colors, that great sketch and mix of patterns!