Wednesday, November 16, 2011

CTD#168/MOJO215 - With Sympathy

Hello there! It's time for this week's Color Throwdown (CTD168)!  Keva has some striking colors for all of us to create with this week and we hope you'll find time to play along.

Don't you just love these colors?  It's such a great combination.  For my card I not only used the Color Throwdown colors for this week but I also used the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #215 for my layout.  I started out with a basic grey card base, then added an embossed panel of riding hood red.  I added a strip of basic grey card stock, a strip of MME designer paper and a Papertrey Ink sentiment from the Think Big Favorites #3 stamp set which I matted.  Once those steps were done I die cut grey felt leaves using the Taylored Expressions Leafy Branch die (fantastic die) and a flower using the PTI flower die.  I crushed the flower to add texture, added a button to the center and arranged the leaves and flower onto my card.

Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Keva Brown - How Now Brown Kow
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Lydia Fiedler - Understand Blue - Our Guest Designer for November/December

18 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Sympathy card, Lynn. Love your layered flower and the leaves that you added! Fabulous!

Keva said...

This is so pretty! Love the big yellow flower and the embossed background. Very pretty, Lynn, as always!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Lynn! This is such a great sympathy card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Great minds were together as we both combined this with the mojo sketch! Love your use of the red as the BG (I'm really wanting a redo of my card - lol). Great use of Keva's colors!

Kerri said...

This is just gorgeous, Lynn! I love the embossing and your big sentiment! Awesome use of the sketch and colors!

Broni said...

Yet another fabulously striking card from you, Lynn. Your designs always bowl me over with their bold graphic statements! LOVE IT!!!

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card. Love the flower.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Very very nice card for this color challenge! You are the master of the yellow... I always like you yellow cards. :-) Hope you're having a great week!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous Sympathy card, Lynn...the paper looks sooo pretty with the challenge colors and the flower is stunning!!!!

dpkennedy said...

That bold flower is so fun! I love it with the felt leaves and that strip of floral paper! Very pretty card!

Cindy O'Donnell said...

Love this card. Sadly I need a sympathy card and, since I have all the dies you used, can now create one just as beautiful!

Vicki Stys said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Lynn! Perfect job with the color challenge!

Luanne said...

I love this beautiful card! I have that flower die and the sentiment on my PTI wish list. They need to quit having such wonderful releases, as they keep going in and out of my cart! Thanks for sharing your pretty card!

Lori said...

Just gorgeous! Love the added texture from the felt leaves and the embossing.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful, and that flower is just stunning. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is fabulous, Lynn! LOVE that gorgeous flower, and the leaves in gray are so elegant!

Debbie Carriere said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the colors! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Marlena M. said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card. ;)