Sunday, August 28, 2011

SSSC132 - Sending You Smiles

Good morning!  It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #132
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Simple Sunflower with the coordinating dies.  I used pumpkin pie and apricot appeal ink and did the rock n' roll technique with each of the sunflower images before stamping them onto the die cuts.  For the centers of the sunflowers I die cut them from early espresso cardstock and then stamped them.  Then I stamped the center images again onto a scrap of early espresso cs and punched them out using circle punches so the centers would have a bit of dimension (see close up picture below).  And for the crumb cake square panel behind the sunflowers I used the woodgrain impressions plate to add some texture.  Other than that I kept my card clean and simple.

Supplies: Simple Sunflower + dies - PTI, Woodgrain Impression Plate - PTI, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist DP, Nestie dies, Circle punches, Twine, Foam tape.  Colors: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse is sitting out this week but stop by her blog to give her some love.
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing

Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Lynn, this is absolutely darling! That PTI sunflower set and die are for sure going to be on my next order! Love it!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet Lynn, love those flowers and the colors you used, the wood grain looks awesome!!!

Karen Giron said...

I love your clean look and the flowers really pop out against the paper, so pretty! LOVE this!

Laurie said...

Lynn this is so pretty! I love the woodgrain behind the flowers!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Love your take on the sketch! Your sunflowers are beautiful. I grew up in KS so I am partial to sunflowers. :)

Unknown said...

Lynn this is stunning. I love the color choice. The woodgrain behind the flowers is the perfect touch.

Dana White said...

Lynn this is fabulous - the flowers just pop off the background piece

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Lynn,

These sunflowers are so pretty!! Love the colors that you picked and the centres are so lovely. They don't need anymore than this, so I think your card is just perfect!

Hugs, Wendy

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is fabulous! LOVE those sunflowers! Looks like I need to place another PTI order....thanks for enabling me....lol

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this card Lynn!! Love those sunflowers:-)

Mad for Paper said...

This is gorgeous. Now I am sorry I didn't get those sunflowers on my last PTI order. Must get next release.
TFS
Ang

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

SO SO pretty Lynn! I just got those stamps too! Love what you did with them - a perfect Fall card. YUM. Have a wonderful day!

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

Great sunflower card. The colors work great together and gets me in the mood for the season coming up...