Sunday, December 12, 2010

SSSC96 Cupcakes

It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch ChallengeKaren has another fabulous sketch for all of us this week and I hope you'll play along.  I've created two cards using the sketch and for both of them I used my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Kit and the TE stamp set For the Love of Cupcakes. For the first card I turned the sketch and used the tiered cupcake image from the set along with the October Afternoon designer papers that come in the KI Kit.


For the second card I used another yummy cupcake image from the stamp set For the Love of Cupcakes and paper pieced the bottom of each cupcake using more of the fun October Afternoon-Modern Homemaker designer paper.  I added a candle to each cupcake and some Spica glitter pen to the flames after coloring the cupcake tops with Copic markers. 
For information on receiving a Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Kit of your own you can click here.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Jen Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs

8 comments:

Vicki S. said...

Love both these cards in all their cupcakey goodness :D Definitely love the candles you added to the card... they look great along with those pieced bottoms.

Hope you were finally able to get your computer back!

Had so much fun on Friday, Lynn! It went by way too fast!

Karen Motz said...

These are delicious Lynn!!! I love how you're showing the sketch two ways!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, Lynn! Both of these are so SWEET! I had forgotten about that stamp set! Love it! GREAT paper choices too!

Danni said...

Ohhhhh I just {heart} these fabulous creations!! Awesome, awesome job!

Vicki Burdick said...

Two amazing cards Lynn!!! Love them and the colors are so soft and girly!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Beautiful creations!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Delicious! Love the colours and the out of the box candles and fun sentiment treatment! Fabulous cards!

Karen Giron said...

I love these - they are so sweet and scrumptious!!