Saturday, June 5, 2010

Masculine Birthday Card

Good morning!  Today's card was pretty much cased from a card I found in the gallery on Splitcoast Stampers from Claudia, you can see her card here.  I was looking for a masculine card that I could use for my stamp camp last month and I loved the colors and layout Claudia used (thank you Claudia). 
Instead of using the wolf from this set I used the deer and created the moon by cutting a Post-it Note circle and brayered color on top of glossy white paper.  Then after removing the circle I stamped the silhouette of the tree and deer, heated to set the black ink and cut it to size.  When brayering on the ink I started with the lightest color ink to the darkest using three colors altogether, So Saffron, More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie. 

Supplies: Nature Silhouette, Warmest Regards, Weathered BG, Ribbon, Brads, Glossy Paper, Heat Gun, Brayer, Post-It note, Square Nestie die, Pop dots, Sponge.  Colors: Basic Black, Really Rust, More Mustard, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie.

6 comments:

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

Wow, this is such a stunning masculine card, Lynn! Love it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow Lynn this is awesome!

Lesley said...

Hi Lynn,

I love your brayering, the colours you have chosen are beautiful. What a great way to use this set, I never would have thought of that!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

jimlynn said...

WOW! This is probably one of the prettiest cards I've seen in a long time. Stunning.
Lynn

Danni said...

Wow!! So stunning! Such warm colors too...awesome!

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a great guy card Lynn, love it!